Sparti Family 411

Monday, October 10, 2011

Who wants to be the mom?

This morning I took advantage of the fact that Aliza wanted to change and dress Gage. So yay for me, I was able to wash my face and get dressed before heading to the bus stop at 8:30AM.

I'm kind of keeping an eye on her as she is wiping his bum and getting him all cleaned up when the inevitable happens...he pees. And not just a small pee, but a huge arcing pee that I can plainly see from the bathroom where I'm getting ready! Aliza is yelling out and I'm answering back, "Cover him up!" but it's too late. As I come in laughing hysterically, I see that Gage has peed on the floor, on Aliza's arm, AND in her hair! I calmly tell her that baby pee is just like water (ha ha!) and to just go wipe it off, to which she magically does!

I finish the job, check the status of Aliza, and get Gage a new diaper (the other one was covered in pee). She handles the wetness like a pro and doesn't even want to change her clothes, to which I'm surprised. Maybe she IS a little mommy after all :)

1 comment:

alipyper said...

Too funny! I'm sure that Aliza will tell the story one day like a badge of honor. {K} peed on the doctor as soon as he was born and he LOVES to tell that story. Although being peed on or being the one doing the peeing are somewhat different, I guess. We all laughed!

Family Photos '08

Thanksgiving in Utah